Potato salad is very easy to make and tasty. Potato salad is a classic of the genre. A delicious potato salad will definitely work anytime, anywhere. How to make potato salad?
Potato salad is a dish characteristic of many cuisines. Guests mainly on European tables. Potato salad is also a dish that Americans like. As you can see, potatoes have conquered a large part of the world culinary.
A recipe for potato salad?
Although common to all countries in which it enjoys popularity, there are probably only potatoes in this dish, everyone can boast of a tasty recipe. You will find onions, sometimes gherkins, salt with pepper, celery, corn, herbs, mayonnaise and eggs. It’s definitely worth experimenting and rediscovering its taste, especially since many other ingredients match mild potatoes.
- 1 kg of potatoes (the best will be yellow, sticky; cut into large cubes, cooked, cooled down)
- 1 onion (finely chopped; 2 shallots can be used instead of onions)
- 1-2 pickled cucumbers or gherkins (can be replaced with 3 stalks of thinly chopped celery)
- 2 eggs (optional; hard-boiled; cut into thin slices)
- 1 cup mayonnaise (you can make a lighter version by mixing half and half mayonnaise with Greek yogurt or use Greek yogurt alone)
- 1-2 tablespoons of wine or cider vinegar (can be replaced with lemon juice)
- pinch of salt
- a large pinch of black pepper (freshly ground)
- 1 teaspoon thyme or dill (optional; fresh or dried, finely chopped)
- a pinch of hot chili pepper (optional)
How to make
Mix the ingredients for the sauce thoroughly in a bowl using a fork.
Potatoes and other ingredients are gently mixed in a bowl, then pour sauce, spreading it carefully over the whole salad.
I serve a salad at room temperature or after cooling for about 1 hour in the fridge.
Arabic Potato Salad
- potatoes – 1.25 kg
- onion – 2 pcs.
- olive oil – 5 tbsp
- tomato paste – 2 tbsp
- ground chili – 0.5-1 tsp
- ground turmeric – 1-2 tsp
- brown sugar – 0.5-1 tsp
- fresh mint – 3 stalks
- parsley – 0.5 bunch
- Lemon – 1 pc.
We cook potatoes
Wash and boil the potatoes in boiling, salted water until soft. In the meantime, peel the onions and cut into cubes. Fry in hot olive oil for 3 minutes until it vitrifies. We add tomato paste, chili and turmeric and fry for 3-4 minutes, stirring. Season with salt and sugar, translate into a bowl and cool.
Season the salad
Wash the herbs, shake them dry, peel and chop the leaves. Drain the potatoes, pour cold water, peel and cut into small boats. Add herbs to the fried onion with spices, season with a few drops of lemon juice, salt and sugar. Mix with potatoes. Let the salad stand for at least 1 hour to taste the flavors. Season the salad before serving to taste.